Becoming a Member
If you are considering joining a temple we welcome your inquiries and invite you to experience the joy of our Simchat Shabbat, Friday night service; the tradition of our early Shacharit, Saturday morning service and Torah study; and the achievement of our Bar and Bat Mitzvah students at our late Shacharit Saturday morning service. At any service you will see the pride we take in our music, our studies and our family celebrations. You will have the opportunity to meet both old and new members who cherish this community and look to it as a source of friendship, Jewish learning of the highest quality and variety, and social action engagement.
Once you join Shir Tikva you will find within its doors a spiritual home and an opportunity to add meaning to your life and to those of others. We offer pathways to engagement for every member, from preschoolers to seniors, no matter what your background and experience. We are proudly affiliated with the Union of Reform Judaism, and our members come from a wide range of backgrounds from all over Metrowest Boston including the towns of Wayland, Sudbury, Weston, Natick, Framingham, Lincoln and Concord and beyond to Boston. We welcome interfaith couples and families, singles, and LGBT members.
Some of the many benefits of belonging to Temple Shir Tikva:
- Life Cycle celebrations to express delight in naming a baby, in your home or at the temple (for non-members, too); Bar and Bat Mitzvah study and celebration for children coming of age and for adults; weddings; community support and grief counseling in the event of illness or death in the family
- Young Family bonding through special get togethers for families with young children
- Religious School and Youth Community designed and time tested by award winning educators offering formal and informal curriculum and social activities
- Community celebrations made all the more joyous with bountiful celebratory foods on Jewish holidays such as Simchat Torah, Sukkot, Chanukah, and Purim
- Adult study in depth or casual; your choice to fit your schedule
- Volunteer opportunities for social action projects
- Volunteer committee participation using your talents to bring even more strength to the community
- Social evenings to see old friends and make new ones right here in Metrowest (free parking!)
- High Holy Day tickets
Whatever your considerations in joining a temple, please call the Temple office to speak with our friendly and knowledgeable Executive Director, David Passer, and equally approachable and accommodating office staff. The phone number is: 508-358-9992 or click on David's name to send him any questions and your contact information. We will be in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you.